Sonnet Morpheus does a wonderful job of presenting even the most complex music in a natural and inviting manner with every last ounce of nuance intact. There’s no artificial sounding edge, no sense of a flat cutout image, basically none of digital’s nastier stuff. In some cases this can also come with a somewhat dark and muddy sound but that is absolutely not the case with the new Morpheus DAC.
SONNET MORPHEUS DAC FEATURES
- NOS DAC
- It uses 4 SDA-2 custom built chip
- Lossless volume control, the volume control does not use any transformers or potentiometer that introduces noise and channel imbalance but the Morpheus has a unique implementation of the noiseless volume control that directly alters the reference voltage inside the DAC chip. The DAC chip was designed from scratch to support such implementation, this results in noise less volume control and has same quality of output at all volume levels.
- FPGA based Forward correction method- Each channel is split into two 12 Bit stream in the digital domain then processed by individual DAC chips in most linear region of the DAC and then combines the processed signal in Analogue domain. This is unique and results in outstanding signal to noise ratio and channel separation.
- Configurable for fixed output to be used with integrated amplifier.
PURE AND SIMPLE DIGITAL TO ANALOG CONVERSION WITH VOLUME CONTROL
What more can you do after launching one of the best DACs available today? The idea of having a decent volume control to prevent an analog Pre-Amplifier could improve performance dramatically. However, we also know that the way of introducing such device in the signal chain can also have a negative effect.
Experiments were made and as result the best sound was coming directly from our new fully balanced dac modules. Especially in case of R2R ladder DACs it is quite easy to change the output voltage of the DAC by changing its reference voltage . The SDA-2, a new generation DAC module was designed to get the best regulation possible.
The result of this process is an extremely high linearity, right down to -140 dB, which gives our products a realistic 24 bit dynamic range. It is musical, honors the Non-oversampling principle and simultaneously incorporating the technological progress that has been made over the years.
Sonnet Morpheus is a balanced Non Oversampling DAC
- Two SDA-2 dac modules per channel in differential mode
- Power supply 15VA 110/115V AC 220/230V AC 60/50Hz. Power required max 8 Watts
- Input 1x optical, 1x coaxial and 1x AES/EBU and USB
- Output 1x stereo pair single ended 2 Volts RMS
- Output 1x stereo pair XLR balanced 4 Volts RMS
- Frequency Response 44.1 kHz sampling 1Hz – 20 khz -2.5 dB
- Frequency Response 192 kHz sampling 1Hz – 65 kHz – 3dB and 384kHz (USB)
- Distortion 0.004% THD
- Channel separation 120dB
Noise Floor -155 dB related to 2 Volt RMS
- Output impedance RCA 100 Ohm, XLR 100 Ohm
- Sampling rate Optical 44.1 – 96 kHz
- Sampling rate Coax and AES/EBU: 44.1 -192 kHz
- Sampling rate USB 44.1 – 384kHz
- Aluminum six button remote control included.
- MQA soon available as an option.
- I2S option can be installed instead of the USB module
- Dimensions 290 x 250 x 60 mm
- Weight 3.2KG