The Pacific DAC has been designed from the ground up with one goal in mind – to create a DAC that supersedes everything we have heard before and
done in “the Lampizator way”.
The four main pillars of the construction are: the digital conversion section, the power supply section, the tube output section and control / management / volume section. And all this is housed in a unique chassis of pure polished brass.
- Size- [W x H x D ] cm : 43 x 19 (plus tubes 15 cm) x 52 (plus 10 cm for cables at the back) (17” x 71/2x 20)
- Weight: 20 kg net, (50 lb) 30 kg (70 lb) shipping gross (ships in the flight case)
- PCM conversion: New fully balanced 2017 engine code “57” – up to 24 bit, up to 192 kHz via SPDIF,
- up to 705 kHz DxD via USB up to 32 bit/356 kHz via LAN
- DSD conversion: via LAN or USB only, auto-sensing, auto switching, 64x, 128x, 256x, 512x
- Output voltage signal: 3 V pp, adjustable by request. In Volume control models – 6 V pp adjustable in 64
- one dB steps
- Optional inputs: BNC, second SPDIF-RCA, AES/EBU, Toslink
- Mains Voltage: 110-240 V AC, with built in RFI filter
- AC powert consumption: 70 W (SE) and 90 W (Bal)
- Tube compliment: one 5U4G rectifier, two 6H6P dual triodes, two SET DHT triodes (four for balanced)
- with a switch allowing for the use of: 300B, PX-4, 101D, 45, 245, 345, 242, PX25
- Output capacitors: Mundorf Supreme Silver/Gold or equivalent
- Rectifier tube: 5U4G or 274B – Octal base – or any 5V equivalent like 5AR4WGB, 5Y3, GZ34
- Footers: High end STACORE footers
- Chassis: Pure solid brass, clear coated.
- Sockets: WBT inputs and outputs
- Warranty: 5 years excluding tubes
The phenomenally musical result is a combination of eight factors that rarely meet in one product:
- DSD native filter technique, most advanced PCM processing known
- Use of DHT tubes in one stage, zero feedback fashion, in purest Active Anode Load SET mode
- MUNDORF silver/gold capacitors selected after testing all the world leading caps
- Hand made with silver wiring in teflon insulation, gold plated PCB traces
- Tube „diode and chokes” power supply with grossly oversized parameters
- Use of metal foil power supply capacitors instead of cheap electrolytics
- Use of the best FPGA asynchronous and custom powered USB with two own clocks and customized firmware
- Use of resistor ladder discrete volume control
- The tubes we use are 101D, 300B, 6A3, 245 or 45’s, 242 and PX4 (interchangeable). Yes – you CAN roll them all
- In every DAC, which is an ultra rare solution. We are proud in being the pioneer of this technology.
- Also used DHD – directly heated diodes as rectifiers (5U4G is the standard), but one can roll 274B, 5c3s,
5U4, 5R4, GZ34, 5Y3.