In their endless efforts to research and design DACs, Lampizator arrived at this breakthrough design, combining everything they know about the DAC design in a “not too expensive package”. Their goal was to get as close as we can to the Pacific sound, but at roughly 1/4 budget.
The resulting DAC positions itself with technology and sound somewhere mid-way between the Amber3 and the Golden Gate 2. They decided to place it directly as a replacement of the Baltic line, hence the name Baltic-3.
The Main Highlights:
- Every unit is SE and Balanced at the same time, no need to configure the unit as balanced.
- True balanced topology with four monophonic channels – one per each phase of stereo sound.
- Engine #53 our best selling engine also with DSD512 on board
- True Copper output capacitors
- PCM 384 kHz, DSD x512, fully balanced from input to output
- Output impedance 200 ohm per phase
- Output level: 2 Vpp (low gain) or 6 Vpp (hi gain) @0dB
- Operating systems: USB input is compatible with Windows, Linux and MAC (the only limitation is that MAC plays max DSDx256)
- Tube Compliment: 2 pieces of 5963 JAN (or ECC802), 2 pieces of 6N8PA, (or CV181-T or 6H8C) one rectifier DHD : 5U4G or 274B or 5C3S.
- Select colors: Front panel: charcoal, silver, champagne, white, red.
- Top chassis: charcoal, silver, white, red, at extra cost: real copper.
- Front button: Blue, Orange/Amber, White, Red, Green
- Extra cost: custom fit flight case.
- Warranty 5 years.