Pushing up to 6W of class-A power into balanced headphones, the GS-X Mk2 can tame the toughest headphone loads on the market, while its’ low-noise circuitry delivers an equally brilliant performance with sensitive in-ear monitors.
In addition, the GS-X Mk2 makes a fine preamp for your stereo speaker system. With its’ high input impedance, low output impedance, multiple I/O options, 3-way gain control, and precise volume control, the GS-X Mk2 can fit into almost any stereo rig, and provide the same wonderfully transparent sound output that it does with headphones.
The GS-X Mk2 is a carefully handcrafted piece of audio equipment, with painstakingly matched components, and the highest standards for build quality in the business. Every GS-X Mk2 is tested extensively throughout the build process, as well as before, and after an extensive burn-in process to ensure the best possible performance.
As of January, 2017, all GS-X Mk2 ship with the DACT 24-step attenuator volume control.
Build quality, and fit and finish may rarely be equaled, but I doubt ever surpassed…The price/performance ratio is outstanding… this is an end-game amp for audiophiles looking for a transparent window through which to enjoy your music
- Device Type Solid State (JFET, Bi-Polar Transistors)
- Class of Operation Pure Class A
- Frequency Response 5Hz-50KHz +/-0.1dB
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio >100dB
- Total Harmonic Distortion <0.006%
- Stereo Crosstalk >85dB @ 1KHz
- Gain 1x / 0dB, 3x / 9dB and 8x / 18dB
- Input Impedance 50K ohms
- Output Impedance less than 1 ohm
- Output Voltage 15Vpp (single ended), 30Vpp (balanced)
- Output Power 1 Watt (single ended), 2 Watts (balanced)
- Inputs 1 XLR input, 1 RCA input
- Outputs 2 1/4″ headphone outputs, 1 balanced XLR headphone output, 1 XLR pre-out, 1 RCA pre-out, 1 XLR loop out, 1 RCA loop out
- Operating Voltage 100-120VAC or 220-240VAC
- Power Consumption 15 Watts
- Chassis Dimensions 14.5 (L) x 9.0 (W) x 5.0 (H) inches
- Weight 12lb / 5.4kg