The Conductor uses the SABRE32/ESS9038Q2M DAC and XMOS USB receiver chips, the most advanced and expensive in the industry. Its Customised USB driver by Thesycon Germany ensures low latency bit-perfect audio playback. The result is incredible processing power, accurately playing back DSD512 and 38bit/786khz audio.
It also features a Qualcomm/CSR8675 [+] Learn More Bluetooth 5.0 receiver. Playing back at 24bit/96khz with aptX HD audio codec. , it pushes sound quality and ease of use to the highest level.
The Power Supply
The Conductor Performance features the same Max Current Power Supply (MCPS) that has made the Conductor Reference legendary.
A technology developed, owned and used exclusively by Burson Audio, the MCPS raises voltage frequency from 50Hz to 170kHz, pushing noise beyond human hearing. It completely overcomings the disadvantages of both linear power supplies and conventional switching power supplies, resulting in incredible dynamic and micro-details.
The Cool Case
We like to turn Class-A amplifiers from monsters with heat-fins into elegant, desktop-friendly machines, and we do it through the Cool Case. Made from high-density aluminium and electroplated to space-grey, the Cool Case is a unified heat-sink keeping the Class-A Conductor cool and optimised. Critics such as Headfonics called it “the new standard” in the audio industry.
Having a footprint that is 30% less than the Conductor Reference and a volume similar to a lunch box, it is beautiful but unobstructive. Take it to work, and no one will raise an eyebrow
Opamp Rolling Fun
The Conductor Performance comes with Burson V6 Vivid discrete opamps. But don’t let us or anyone dictate your listening experience. The Conductor encourages opamp rolling with gold plated DIP8 sockets along its signal path. With hundreds of audio opamps out there, you have the freedom to tailor your listening experience to your preference.
While our Conductor Reference is like Huge Jackman in Kate and Leopold, the completed package, the Conductor Performance is the shredded Wolverine. It’s still him but stripped down! Power and total control of that power will be the overwhelming first impression. It energises every note and space in between, bringing accuracy and micro-details. The C3 performance is for the perfectionist who works hard and plays harder.
- Input impedance: 38 KOhms
- Frequency response: ± 1 dB 0 – 58Khz
- THD: <0.0017%
- Output impedance (Headphone Amp): 0.6 Ohm
- Output impedance (Pre Out / DAC Out): 1 Ohm / 25 Ohm
- Inputs: USB, Optical Toslink, BlueTooth 5.0, microphone
- Outputs: 1 x RCA Pre Amp
- 1 X RCA Line Level DAC
- 1 x 6.3mm Headphone
- Impedance (Headphone Jack) – Power
- 16 Ohm 4W
- 32 Ohm 2W
- 100 Ohm 640mW
- 150 Ohm 420mW
- 300 Ohm 160mW
- Channel Separation: 142 dB @ 1KHz, 135 dB @ 20KHz
- THD+N: 0.0005% @ 1KHz, 0dBFS
- COAX & Toslink / SPDIF : up to 24bit 192K
- Bluetooth Input Bluetooth 5.0 aptX HD (Qualcomm CSR8675)
- Desktop OS: Windows XP, 7, 8, 10 Mac OSX
- Desktop OS: iOS* , Android (OTG support)
- PCM Support: PCM ? 768kHz @ 16, 24 or 32bits
- Native DSD: Native DSD 64 / 128 / 256 / 512
- DSD over PCM: DoP64 / DoP128 / DoP256/Dop512
- Weight: app. 3 kg
- Dimensions: 200 X 250 X 60(mm)