With a powerful SABRE32/ESS9038Q2M DAC chip, a minimal signal path and a mighty power supply, the Composer follow an old school design approach, and it recreates the original art with pinpoint accuracy.
The Power To Connect
The Composer features superior digital connections. Featuring the Qualcomm/CSR8675 [+] Learn More Bluetooth receiver ( 24bit/96khz / AptxHD) and XMOS USB receiver ( PCM 768Khz / DSD 512), the Composer connects seamlessly with all PC, Mac, iOS and Android devices.
The Composer is a testimony to the less-is-more design approach. Namely, a short signal path yields accuracy, and clean power yields transparency.
The entire audio signal path of the Composer is about the size of two stamps. This symmetrical, fully balanced signal path is free from inferior IC opamps. Instead, it uses Burson V6Vivid discrete opamps which are widely regarded as the best sounding in the world.
The quality of power is as vital to audio amplification as the quality of water in cooking. That’s why we are dedicating the rest of the product footprint to power regeneration. The Composer features four Burson proprietary Max Current Power Supplies (MCPS). They raise voltage frequency from 50Hz to 170kHz, pushing noise beyond human hearing. The result is a transparent sound with incredible micro-details
The Composer is also a phenomenal preamp with low output impedance and two gain levels, making it the perfect match for any amplifiers and active speakers.
The Composer 3X Performance comes with Burson V6 Vivid discrete opamps. But don’t let us or anyone dictate your listening experience. The Composer encourages opamp rolling with gold plated DIP8 sockets along its signal path. With hundreds of audio opamps out there, you have the freedom to tailor your listening experience to your preference.
A Timeless Classic
But hang on! Don’t a lot of high-end DACs use ESS9038 and Xmos, and lots of DACs claim to use high-end parts. Without a glowing tube output, a porthole to peek at it and a fancy DSP sales pitch, what makes the Composer unique!?
Every music composer works with the same set of notes. Those with the right focus and experience create timeless classics by arranging them in the right way. Those wanting to shock and collect “likes”, those using focus groups to put together designs instead of using their hearts usually create something forgettable. The Composer 3X Performance is excellent because we did the hard yards. It sounds incredible in the old school way, and we know it is a classic.
- Input impedance: 38 KOhms
- Frequency response: ± 1 dB 0 – 58Khz
- THD: <0.0017%
- Output impedance (Pre Out / DAC Out): 10 Ohm / 25 Ohm
- Inputs: USB, Optical Toslink, BlueTooth 5.0, microphone
- Outputs: 1 x XLR Pre Out / DAC Out 1 X RCA Pre Out / DAC Out
- Channel Separation: 142 dB @ 1KHz, 135 dB @ 20KHz
- THD+N: 0.0005% @ 1KHz, 0dBFS
- COAX & Toslink / SPDIF : up to 24bit 192K
- Bluetooth Input Bluetooth 5.0 aptX HD (Qualcomm CSR8675)
- Desktop OS: Windows XP, 7, 8, 10 Mac OSX
- Desktop OS: iOS* , Android (OTG support)
- PCM Support: PCM ? 768kHz @ 16, 24 or 32bits
- Native DSD: Native DSD 64 / 128 / 256 / 512
- DSD over PCM: DoP64 / DoP128 / DoP256/Dop512
- Composer 3X Performance.
- Model # M-80X USB Cable
- Remote Control OTG Adoptor
- RCA Cable 24V Power Unit
- Power Cable
- Weight: app. 3 kg
- Dimensions: 200 X 250 X 60(mm)